(A) Higher Secondary Courses: Candidates who have passed the H.S.L.C. Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Assam (SEBA), or any other equivalent examination, are eligible for admission to the Higher Secondary Course, subject to the availability of seats.
(B) Three-Year Degree Courses (B.A., B.Sc. & B.Com): Candidates who have passed the H.S.S.L.C. Examination of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) or any other equivalent examination, are eligible for admission to the Three-Year Degree Course (TDC), subject to the availability of seats.
(C) M.A. (Assamese) Course: Graduates with major in Assamese are eligible for admission to this course, subject to the availability of seats.
(D) M.T.M. Course: Graduates from any discipline are eligible for admission to this course, subject to the availability of seats. However, the candidates will have to undergo an entrance test followed by Personal Interview.
Admission is given strictly in order of merit and is governed by the college admission rules.
The decision of the admission committee regarding admission will be final. The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any one without assigning any reason thereof. Candidates selected must get themselves admitted on the very day of interview by making necessary payments failing which they will forfeit their claim.
An application form which is not submitted by the stipulated date or is not completely filled-up shall not be entertained. All candidates seeking admission must appear for interview on the scheduled date in person or through his/her representative.Candidates shall have to produce the following documents in original along with photostat copies at the time of interview.
- Original Admit Card of the H.S.L.C. Examination for age verification.
- Original Mark Sheet of the last examination appeared.
- Caste Certificate (S.C/ S.T./ O.B.C.) where necessary .
- Proficiency certificate regarding extra-curricular activities where necessary(Certificate below district level representative will not be entertained).
- Registration Card.
- In case of student migrating from another University or Board, Migration Certificate has to be produced.
- Pass Certificate from the Headmaster/ Principal of the institution last attended by the candidate.
- H.S. and T.D.C. First Year students who fails to get promoted to the next higher class may apply for admission along with fresh application.
Allotment of Major in the Bachelor Degree courses (B.A., B.Sc. & B.Com) is made by the respective departments after the commencement of the classes after Summer Vacation. The students willing to pursue Major Course will have to apply in plain paper to the Heads of the respective departments.
General Reservation Rules
Reservation of seats for the different courses will be done as per the break-up given below :
- SC – 7%
- ST(Hills) – 5%
- ST(Plains) – 10%
- OBC / MOBC – 15%
- Physically Handicaped – 2%
- Extra-curricular activities – 2%