Scholarship and Stipend Facilities
Meritorious students who obtain more than 70% marks in the final examination i.e. HSLC or HS (Final) Examination shall enjoy merit scholarship/ stipend within 15 days from the date of their admission. Applications not received in time will not be entertained.
Students’ Welfare Fund
The college maintains a students’ welfare fund to provide financial help to the poor and deserving students, on application from such students, subject to the availability of funds.
Students’ Travel Concession
Students are entitled to travel concession by rail (as stipulated by railway authorities) on their way home from the institution and back during vacations (Summer Vacation and Durga Puja Vacation) and educational tours.
Students’ Career Counseling and Placement Cell
The Career Counseling Cell of the college was constituted in 2001 with the following aims and objectives :
- To provide information regarding higher study options and careers.
- To create awareness about self-employment and entrepreneurship career options.
- To provide basic information about opportunities for self-employment and entrepreneurship and support system available.
- To Provide assistance to students for recruitment in various organizations from time to time.
- To Provide job-oriented training to students seeking jobs.
In addition to the Career Counseling Cell, there are other counseling cells, run by some of the departments.
“Health is Wealth” – to make the quote a reality and to provide a platform for sound health and mind for students as well as for the teaching and non-teaching staff, the GYMNASIUM HUB, Pragjyotish College was inaugurated on 3rd May 2016, by Shri Paban Kumar Borthakur, IAS, Principal Secretary. Dr. Makibur Rahman and Dr. Bidyut Bikash Baishya are the Incharge and Asst Incharge respectively of the GYMNASIUM HUB. The equipments of the GYMNASIUM HUB was sponsored by RUSA and Pragjyotish College. The equipments in the GYMNASIUM HUB are :
- Tread Mill – 3 Nos
- Cycle – 1 no
- Combine Machine – 1 no
- Bench Press – 1 no
- Plain Bench – 1 no
- Ball – 2 nos
- Skipping – 2 nos
- Push Up Stand – 8 nos
- Twisting Machine – 1 no
- Machine Cable – 1 no
- Normal Bar (Big) – 2 nos
- Normal Bar (Medium) – 1 no
- Bar (Small) – 1 no
- Drum Belt 2.6 kg – 10 nos.
- Weight Plate 80 kg – 10 nos
- Mat – 4 nos.
- Weight Machine – 1 no